We provide services relating to medico-legal matters and the release of information. We provide documents for which access has been granted under the Freedom of Information Act. We also handle requests for information outside the Act. We assist patients and others with requests for medical certificates (including Centrelink and Workers’ Compensation certificates). We also respond to subpoenas, warrants and orders to produce and assist staff when they are served with these documents.
Other services include:
- provision of medico-legal reports requested by lawyers, insurers or patients
- advice relating to legal costs
- assistance in the preparation and provision of police reports
- provision of documents to regulatory agencies and other government departments as requested
- provision of records and reports to the Coroner as required
- liaison with the hospital’s insurers and legal representative with respect to claims against the health service.
Access to information application form (PDF 130KB)