Medical workforce provides human resource and industrial services to consultants, clinical academics and junior medical staff (fellows, registrars, resident medical officers and interns), including:
- new employment processes
- HR forms advice and training
- employment visa consultancy and Department of Immigration and Citizenship liaison
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority and Medical Board compliance and liaison
- employment contracts, employment variations
- rostering advice and roster development and processing
- private practice arrangements
- credentialing and scope of practice endorsements
- Medicare Moratoriums (19AB)
- allowances and entitlement claims
- industrial advice and HR legislative/standards interpretation
- job description form maintenance and development
- leave requests, review and compliance reporting
- payroll advice and assisting with HCN payroll queries
- Working with Children Check advice and forms, Criminal Record Screening review
- employment/employee Records, Statements or certificates of service
- misconduct and discipline
- employee ethics
- medical organisational establishment maintenance
- workforce planning
- corporate governance compliance
- junior medical officer career consultation
Medical training opportunities are available to employees through Post-Graduate Medical Education (Interns and Residents).
Mandatory training requirements for doctors are available in eLearning on the Fremantle Hospital intranet site (for staff only).
The Staff Development Service provides a range of continuing education programs to support the learning needs of staff.
See current job vacancies (external site).